Monday, July 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday -27 July



Another Monday has arrived. I have such a pile of laundry. I've been hoping for some good days, but I'll have to give in and use the dryer today -we are out of face cloths. Not too much planned for this week, not officially anyway I have a few things I would like to get accomplished. Nothing too exciting on the menu this week, I seemed to be having a brain cramp last night :) Maybe I'll look through some cookbooks and come up with a surprise or two.

Monday:
toasted tomato sandwich -the first from the garden, peanut butter and honey for the crazy non-tomato eaters

spaghetti and Swiss garlic bread

Tuesday:
grocery day

chicken a la king -leftover chicken from Saturday

Wednesday:
pizza

roast beef -since I'll be using the oven, I will likely roast some potatoes

Thursday:
pizza

l/o chicken a la king

Friday:
hot dogs and chips

l/o roast beef

Saturday:
mac & cheese for Daddy and Ella, pierogies for Momma

pork chops on the BBQ

Sunday:
hamburgers and salad

hot beef sandwiches and french fries

Don't forget to head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas.

I have a new favourite website. It's called Mennonite Girls Can Cook. There are so many great sounding recipes. I tried a bunch this weekend:

Swiss Garlic Bread

Cheesy Onion Burger Buns -I'd make these thinner, but that's our family preference

Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Peanut Butter Swirl Cookies -ok, I'll be honest, I haven't made this one yet but it's on the plan for today.
UPDATE: these cookies are yummy. I had to put the extras in the freezer to keep Daddy from eating them all! They were easy to roll because I used my silicone baking sheet, I would think parchment would have worked too.





2 comments:

Becca said...

Hey now...I am a crazy non-tomato eater...be nice! lol

Paula said...

:) Colin and Ella will eat spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, ketchup, and a million other things based on tomatoes, but heaven help me if I give them a fresh, tasty, ripe tomato :)