Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Weekend

This was supposed to be a really nice weekend. Belinda and Stefan came up Friday with the "new" car. I had a lovely supper planned for Saturday (Uncle Stefan's b-day last week). Colin woke up Saturday morning at 6 and discovered we had NO water. This is a very serious situation. The pigs can start dying really quickly with no water. One good thing was that it wasn't that hot/humid Saturday. Panic call to the plumber only got the answering machine. Nothing Colin tried was working. At 8 I headed up the highway to the plumber's house (our neighbour) and woke him up! Oops! Anyway, he was down by 9 and trying to figure out what went wrong. Colin thought maybe a leak in the waterline to the house -not good since it runs under my perennial garden.

They had to pull out the pump, which is 200 feet down and replace some little gasket. This gave us some water in the house. Since we had water I decided to go ahead and make supper at home, instead of at the in-laws (they are away). Shortly after starting the water went out again. We had no more water. You can imagine the piles of dishes I had by the end of the day. You don't realize how often you wash/rinse something until there is no water. The plumber had to come back and they pulled out the pump again. This time he replaced the entire pump.

We finally had water again!!!! 7:30 Daddy finally came in for his first meal of the day. I don't know how he didn't fall over from hunger. I took advantage of the MIL being away and used her dishwasher to wash all the dinner plates and such :) Mom came over this morning and helped me wash all the remaining pots and pans.

We had fun with Auntie Belinda and Uncle Stefan even though Daddy couldn't come and play. We even got in the pool in between rain storms. We even took Auntie Belinda to Walmart to get a new picture of the three of us girls.

Let's hope that's the last problem with the well for a while. I shudder to think what the plumber's bill is going to look like, considering he was here nearly 8 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really bad, I'm glad that it is fixed though, and yep, it'll probably cost. We are in for I guess a super hot week here, it was 89 today and it's only going to get worse. Very few folks have air conditioning, we don't. I did hear in the weather report that it meant that the east coast would be rainy and cool, kind of a switch, I've also heard that it is an official El Nino now and I think that is messing with the weather alot.