Sunday, October 11, 2020

Some Day I'll Get My Blogging Act Together...

 Wow, I can’t seem to get posts done on time. I did actually make a menu plan this week, so what are we eating:

Monday: roast beef

Tuesday: hot beef sandwiches and mashed potatoes

Wednesday: chicken fingers and fries from Chip Pit (before it closes for the winter)

Thursday: Bavarian beef pie with the leftover beef

Friday: leftover pie

Saturday: pizza

Sunday: tacos

I’ll make next week’s menu plan after I see how much turkey is left over.

Ontario has been asked to scale back right now. We’re supposed to only have Thanksgiving with our household members. So that means no big dinner over at Colin’s Dad’s. I don’t mind. I’m not sure how far to trust the other family members and how safe they have been (even though we’re pretty safe here in Renfrew Co.). I’m doing a turkey leg for supper tomorrow and Mom’s coming over too. I have a pumpkin pie in the oven right now, mostly for Ella.

Colin has finally started at the soybeans. He’s been walking the fields and looking at the weather for weeks.

Yesterday, Ella and I spent part of the morning walking the soybean field looking for the intake pulley that fell off the combine sometime on Friday. Turns out it wasn’t in this field. Dad found it in the first field Colin combined! Oh well, it was a nice morning for a walk.

Colin and I went on a bit of a road trip on Tuesday. Not too far, just down the highway, but we were travelling some roads that even Colin has never been down. What were we doing? We were checking out an old bell. Colin has always wanted one. We passed one up back on our honeymoon and Colin has kicked himself ever since. As usual, Colin wasn’t sure about spending money for something not ‘needed’ but I told him to get it for himself. He never just buys fun stuff because he wants it and he deserves a treat. I think it looks really good on the ‘shade shack’. He painted it black, but I rather like it this way.

Too much sunshine, the yarn is a nice dark blue from Knit Picks.

I started knitting a sweater for me. I’m using one pattern for the ‘style’ but I’m using a cool custom sweater generator for the actual ‘pattern’. The pattern I’m copying is called ‘Dagi‘. It’s very cool hoodie with fair isle sleeves. Though I’m not sure I’ll be doing the hood. I needed to find another actual pattern to follow because I couldn’t get the gauge to work. It seemed much too loose for the yarn I have. I seem to have that problem with fingering yarn and sweaters. The pattern generator at Kniterator is amazing. Not only do I get to use the gauge that produces a fabric that I like, I get to make a sweater to the exact measurements that I want. Since I’m not overly tall, that’s a really great bonus.

It’s kind of funny considering how dry we were all summer (though that part wasn’t funny it was scary), but we keep finding all sorts of mushrooms around the yard. We found 2 giant puff balls and some cute ones that looked like a Smurf village. This is the most recent one:

It’s more pink in real life. I forgot to adjust the filter to make it look more like it did ‘in person’. The girls over on the Hygge Nook on FB said it’s called a Shaggy Mane Ink Cap mushroom. Never seen anything like it before.

Guess that just about catches you guys up on everything. Hopefully I can get my act together and make more regular posts.

No comments: