Saturday, October 20, 2018

Combine Season

It's that time of year again...


Rats, I don't know why I can't embed a non-youTube video here.  Oh well, just follow the link for the song please.
I was going to tell you we were well under way with our soybean harvest:
But he actually finished up the last of the beans before lunch AND even came in the house and sat down to eat his lunch!!  Yesterday went better than planned and it didn't rain enough last night to stop him. Finally a time where things not going to planned turned out to be a good thing.
Look what I did yesterday:
I went up to our furthest farm and towed the flex head home for Colin.  It wasn't too bad.  Just one spot on the back side road where I met oncoming traffic right where a bunch of mail boxes crowd the road.  Even though I'm wider than the lane, no cars or mail boxes were hurt!
Wednesday we had our homeschool trip to Hugli's and as per tradition it was cold, and windy, and snowy!  It really came down a couple of times.  But I didn't mind, snow is much drier than rain.  Ella had a good time.  Her buddies Keifer and Ephraim and Landon were there, they make her less serious.
Speaking of home school friends, tonight is ladies' night for the home school moms.  We're going to get wild and crazy without the kids.  I made pie  :)

No comments: