Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Yarn Along/Crafting On -16 October 2018

I had a bit of startitis this weekend, so I’ve got a few things to share for Yarn Along/Crafting On this week.
Started another pair of socks for Grandma for Christmas.  She’s getting to that age where it’s hard to find her presents.  She really doesn’t need things.  But she loves my knitting socks, so socks it is.  I really like this yarn, not a surprise since it’s Berroco and the same brand I use for Colin and Ella’s thick socks.  I’m thinking of ripping these out and just making a plain sock.  The pattern is getting lost in the colourway.
I started a pair of black socks for me.  I’m definitely going to rip these ones out.  For some reason the math has failed me and they are too loose.  That’s half the point of making my own socks -to have them fit properly.  I might actually use this yarn to make me knee socks with the Ceilidh pattern.
Then I decided I needed to knit a project bag for my knitting projects.  It fits nicely in my purse.  I used some of the leftovers from Ella’s afghan.
And of course, a new project bag requires a new project.  So I started a new pair of knee socks.  These are just plain knitting because it’s a funky stripey yarn that sort of looks like snowflakes.
I think that’s it for the new projects this week.  Oh yeah, I didn’t show you Grandma’s last pair of finished socks.  I took the picture without the flash and the colour is better.

No comments: