Monday, July 9, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook -9 July 2018

For Today
Looking out my window
things are starting to look dry.  The crops are really wanting a nice, gentle rain -soon.

I am thinking

that I’m not too impressed that it’s going to get really hot again today.  I’ve enjoyed the last 2 days of reasonable summer weather.

I am thankful

for the folks at the Baptist church in Pembroke.  They welcome Ella to their soccer camp and don’t care that she’s not a member.
One of my favorite things
laundry hanging on the clothes line blowing in the breeze.  The breeze is the important part of that sentence because it helps my dresses dry without any wrinkles.

I am creating/I am wearing

Another new sundress.  This is the same material as the jumper dress from the other week.  It’s the same pattern as most of my dresses.  The only difference is I didn’t use the elastic in the front neckline.  I used self-bias tape.  As usual, the opening is on the side, but I used hidden buttons instead of a zipper.  Two pockets of course.  

I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to
 
I’ve been reading some of the books that have been sitting around on my Kindle.  Most recently it’s “Our Holocaust“.  Unlike most holocaust books, this one is written by the child of survivors as he tries to piece together what happened to the people in his family.
 
I am hoping

mostly, just for a nice, gentle rain this afternoon (after soccer camp)

In my kitchen

I was informed that there were no cookies left in the house.  So first thing this morning I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  Hopefully I can get them put away before they are all eaten.

In the school room

on hold until soccer camp is finished.

In my garden
 
see ‘out my window’
 
A moment from my day

not from today, but Ella and I had a girls’ day out on Saturday.  We hit up the library for some unlimited internet fun, lunch at A&W, and then the theatre for Jurassic World.  Top it all off with some Greek to go for supper.

No comments: