Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Crafting On -8 November 2017

Man, I don’t know where yesterday went.  By the time I realized it was Tuesday/Crafting On day I was heading out the door for archery class.  Oh well, here’s my knitting for this week:
I finished up Grandma’s Christmas socks.  Now I have to get a new purse knitting project started.
Did I tell you that I started a sweater for me?  My sister and BIL gave me the yarn and the pattern last year for Christmas.  It’s a really nice pattern, though I can’t seem to memorize the ‘pattern’ part.  I can do a line at a time, but not the whole thing -which slows down the knitting.
I used a different filter on the picture and, for a change, this is almost the right colour.  As usual the yarn is from Knit Picks, in solstice heather (basically navy).
I’m working through Partners to a Degree but the story line has really slowed down and it’s not as enjoyable as the other books were.  I’ll finish it because that’s what I do, but it’s not demanding my attention like a really good book will.  I have a new Kindle book (when it was on sale for $2.25) called Mrs. Lincoln and Mrs. Keckly .  It looks really good and will probably be my next read.  Maybe that’s what I’ll do to entertain myself on Saturday in between everything.
Guess that’s it for now.  The bread machine is squawking at me to deal with the dough.  I have to go and lug down all the bedroll supplies for Guides tonight. I don’t know why they can’t remember how to make bedrolls?  We were taught once and then expected to have it done right at every camp thereafter.

No comments: