Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Menu Plan Monday/Yarn Along/Crafting On -4 July 2017

Happy 4th of July to my American friends!
vintage fourth-of-july postcard                              …                                                                                                                                                                                 More:

We had a great time at the ‘cottage’.  I love that the B&B is its own separate house.  It’s bigger than our house!  The weather wasn’t the greatest.  The first day was very wet.  That didn’t stop Ella and Daddy from fishing.  Luckily, there’s a screened in ‘shade shack’ (complete with ping-pong table).  I set up my tunes and my reading and had a great afternoon.
Lots more sunshine on Friday (though still had some rain).  Colin and Ella caught lots of bass.  Ella’s funny, she’ll cut up worms and such for bait, but she doesn’t want to hold her own fish yet.
Daddy almost landed a 2+ft pike.  It was just in front of Ella in this picture, but just as I clicked it jumped completely out of the water and spat out the hook.
This is the fairies’ creek that is usually just a little babbling brook.
Daddy did manage to land one pike -thanks to the great help from his ‘net girl’.
Lots of wildlife this year.  There were swarms of dragonflies.  There was a garter snake in the canoe with Daddy when he had to paddle out to get the line off the dead tree.  There was a dinner plate sized snapping turtle -maybe that’s Snappy who we found a few years ago?  Ella caught this little guy, this is Sheldon the painted turtle.
Something really cool, there were lots of tadpoles in the weeds along the shore.  They were in all stages of development.  Some barely had any legs starting right up to almost no tail left.
The fireworks were fabulous.  It really is amazing how a little village of 600 can put on such a show.
We didn’t want to go home.  Colin and I could stay there forever.  Ella gets homesick.  It’s funny how Ella misses home after only a few days, even when she’s with Colin and I.
Found a beautiful double rainbow.
What’s cooking this week?
Monday:
subs
spaghetti
Tuesday:
leftover subs
McDonald’s -Ella’s last day of swimming
Wednesday:
pizza (likely on the BBQ)
hamburgers
Thursday:
pizza
roast beef on the BBQ
Friday:
sandwiches
pork chops
Saturday:
leftover roast beef
Sunday:
??
Don’t forget to check out I’m an Organizing Junkie for more ideas.
A bunch of Ella’s new school books arrived while we were away.
I didn’t do too much knitting while we were away.  My elbow is still acting up (I may have to give in and see the RNP).   Some times it’s nice to have a whack of uninterrupted (except for fish pictures) time for reading.
Book of Negroes” was really good.  We didn’t get a chance to watch the mini-series this year, though I like to read the book first.
Last weekend you’ll remember was A&S day.  I’ve been wanting to have an impressive project to take, but most times it’s just been knitting.  This time I got my act together and had some embroidery to take.  This is the ruffle for my new petticoat.
Sorry for the poor lighting.  Next time I’ll make sure to find some sunshine.

No comments: