Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Yarn Along -14 October 2015

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua


Sorry for kind of falling off the face of the earth last week  :)  It was such a whirlwind of getting ready for the trip to Scarborough, my girlfriend came over for knitting Thursday afternoon and of course making sure Daddy had enough food -wouldn't want him to starve with 3 freezers full of food.


I'll share in another post all our Scarborough fun.  Here's Yarn Along for this week:


Did I tell you I had started a small shawl for wearing with my new winter coat (which I need to start sewing soon)?  Well I decided I didn't like it and started a different pattern.  I'm still not sure I love it, but we'll see.


Purse knitting -socks for Grandma in the usual pattern.


Some mice toys for my swap partner's cats and one for Timmy too.  Just need to be felted and stuffed.


I love making these book marks.  They are perfectly formed socks, turned heels and everything!  We're not reading this book, I just used it for scale.


Fingerless gloves in a great wool from Knit Picks, Wool of the Andes.  It's a bit itchy for me but most people love it.


A matching cowl.  I just need to cast off.  I forgot to bring a bigger pair of needles to Scarborough, so it had to wait till we came home.  This cowl buttons so I'll have to check the button jar.  It also could use a bit of blocking.

And of course, a trip to Scarborough wouldn't be complete without a stop at Tina's great store in Bowmanville.  I love going to Soper Creek Yarn, she has such a great selection and Tina doesn't mind if Ella talks her ear off.


Mrs. Prickly liked her trip to the yarn shop too.  I was actually on a mission at the yarn shop.  We need more mittens this winter so I need feltable wool.  Guess what Tina had on sale?


I have some cream wool to use with this one.


Not sure what colour to use with this one?


Will likely use black with this one?

And then this one fell into my shopping bag:


I bought two balls (one makes a pair of socks) because I want to use these for knee socks.  I love Jawoll because they come with a little spool of reinforcing thread inside.
A very productive trip to Scarborough.

Oh yeah, I brought along a book but didn't get it out. Door in the Hedge another book by Robin Mckinley.  It's been a very long time since I read this one.  I don't even really remember what it's about.  But considering it's survived every book purge since the 80's -it's a good one.

No comments: