Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Day Book a Day Late

simple-woman-daybook-large

For Today...  27 October 2015
 
 
Outside my window...It's a chilly but clear 0C (32F) outside.  This is good because Colin wants to continue combining the corn before all that rain arrives tomorrow.  
 
I am thinking... how to get Ella to quit dawdling about doing her school work.  I know it would be the same if she was in school.  She would just rather play outside, read, or do her video games instead.
 
I am thankful... for our new outdoor corn furnace.  Not only do my lungs NOT hurt, I'm not coughing AND the house is a toast 21C  (70F) 
 
I am wearing... my blue jumper and a thin purple 3/4 sleeve t-shirt.  I usually save this dress for 'town' but all my house dresses are downstairs waiting for the laundry.  That's my only 'complaint' with the new furnace.  My cellar is now on the cool side so it's taking laundry much longer to dry which has caused a back-up.  I may do a couple loads in the dryer just to get caught up again. 
 
I am creating... the finishing touches on Ella's costume.  Boy, it was the most annoying pattern.  I am ready to be done with the darn thing.
 
I am going... no where!  Actually, we might have lunch in the field with Daddy again.   
 
I am wondering...what's for lunch??  It's hard to plan lunch when I don't know where it's going to be eaten.  I need to get some sandwich supplies I can keep in the fridge. 
 
I am reading... don't know if I can really call it reading, but I'm working on week two of the Christmas Countdown and making my plans and updating my Christmas Control Journal. 
I am hoping... to finish my Christmas shopping soon. 
  
In my kitchen...I need to glaze the cake I baked last night. 
 
In the homeschool room... we're going to try Handwriting Without Tears with Ella.  I've done some reading and it's been suggested that children who don't do well with printing often find cursive easier.  The HWT style of cursive is very simple and easy to read.  Ella can rad it already. 
 
One of my favorite things... my girl

 

1 comment:

September Violets said...

I've been reading back through your posts and loved seeing the exhibits of Pompeii! It's a place that has fascinated me since I was young. I'll have to suggest a trip to the ROM sometime soon :) I'm surprised you start working on Christmas preparation so early! I understand about the crafting part though ... and those mittens are gorgeous.
Wendy