Monday, August 17, 2015

Honey Garlic Chicken Wings


Mmm, I love chicken wings.  I never order them when we are out though, all the restaurants seem to want to make them hot/spicy -even though they tell me they aren't.  I really like the crispy deep-fried which is why I'm always disappointed when I make them at home.  That is until I found this way of cooking wings (works with little drumsticks too).  It's going to seem weird, but just trust me.

4 lbs of wings (I cut them into 2 parts)
2 T baking powder
1/2 t salt

Line rimmed cookie sheets (jelly roll pans) with tinfoil.  Place racks on the sheets and spray with oil (I use Pam).

Put the wings, baking powder and salt in a baggie.  Give it a good shake to coat all the chicken.  Lay the chicken out on the racks.

Bake 250F for 30 min.  Then increase to 400F and bake another 40-50 minutes.  Rotate tray half way.

Honey Garlic Sauce

6 T honey
5 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 t onion powder
1 1/2 T soy sauce
1/4 c water mixed with  1/2 T cornstarch

Put everything in a saucepan (except the water and cornstarch).  Slowly bring to a boil. Add water and cornstarch.  Bring to a boil to thicken.  Pour over chicken and enjoy.

No comments: