Monday, May 11, 2015

Knitting & Crocheting Blog Week 6 Day 1 -If I Were Yarn...


 
Starting off Knitting and Crochet Blog Week with an easy topic.  

If you were a type or brand of yarn, which would you be? Are you a classic pure wool? Is there extra tension but a bit of bounce in you because of your high twist? Would you be more like a high-maintenance, strictly hand-wash fluffy angora or a ‘bring it on’ acrylic, bravely heading into the world of possible baby-sick laundering disasters knowing that you will always come out bright and unharmed?

"If I were yarn" what kind would I be?  I would be a superwash merino, likely in fingering size.  Merino is my favourite wool.  It is so soft.  Everyone in my family can wear it and most of them don't know even know it's wool!  I would want to be superwash that way people wouldn't be afraid to knit with me.  They could toss me in the wash (within reason) without ruining me.


They didn't ask what colour I would want to be but I will tell you any way.  I would want to be a gorgeous hand paint, like I often buy from Knit Picks.  I'd like to be fingering size because that's my favourite for knitting.  It's so versatile, makes socks, make a sweater, or make a gorgeous shawl all with this same ball of wool.

No comments: