Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Yarn Along -27 August 2014

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua
 
I was hoping to have this completely finished to show you, but it was so hot and humid yesterday there was no point trying to block it.


So here's my finished afghan (minus some gentle blocking).  When I received the yarn for Christmas I really didn't think there was enough.  The balls are kind of small, but yet again I have learned to always trust the math.  I had the yardage I needed and guess what, it all worked out.  In fact, I ended up with an extra ball of green.  Always trust the math!

We haven't started reading this yet, but I thought I would share.  At the suggestion of one of my FB (and high school) friends, I picked up The Care and Keeping of You (Revised): The Body Book for Younger Girls for Ella's 'health' class.  For those of you with older girls, when did you start having 'the talk' with them?  I know Ella's 8, but she's the size of a 10 year old and I don't want her getting surprised.

And now just a little something for those of you out there that like to see my knitting mistakes:


Look at this trick! 

No comments: