Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Yarn Along -16 April 2014

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua

Lots to share for Yarn Along, though not all is knitting but it's knitting related.
My stripey socks all done.
Grey ones are done now too.
Ella had a long weekend at Grandma's so I was able to sort and organize (and dust) my knitting corner.  I always forget to take 'before' pictures.  But I can assure you this corner looks so much better, especially with all my sock projects tucked away in my basket.
Made myself stop working on socks and the afghan.  Grandma's going to be wanting her sweater coat soon.
I think half the fun of having multiple knitting projects on the go at one time is that you need to have multiple knitting accessories.
So I made myself some cases for all my knitting paraphernalia.  The style is based on the 18th century hussif.  And of course there is no reason it can't be pretty AND functional.
A spot for everything.  All I need to add is a short pencil.
I also made some needle cases.   I need to get some more knitting pins and a few more darning needles.  The red case includes scissors because it's for my purse knitting.  I love embroidery and sewing so these were a lot of fun to create.

No comments: