Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yarn Along -Happy New Year!

Yarn Along
Here's a good way to start the New Year, with a Yarn Along.


Remember the tie-shawl I started at the beginning of December?  Well I decided to send it to my friend Julie in Chicago.  She's set up a mission to help that city's homeless.  If anyone is looking for a charity to help out this year, Hermosa House would be a great option.  I can guarantee you Julie will make the best use of your donation dollars.  Even if you want to send warm knitted things like hats and mitts for her to give out.

Julie's shawl used about half of my Preciosa.  So I quickly cast on another one for me.  I finished it up the other day.  Wow I love this yarn, it's so soft and squishy.

We gave Grandma some yarn for Christmas because she wanted a new sweater coat.  So I cast it on and have the right front done.  Gotta love knitting with bulky.  I am also loving this yarn from Knit Picks, it's very soft.

Doing groceries yesterday, I found a knitting novel, Knit The Season
in the discount bin.  Haven't started it yet, but hope to soon.

No comments: