Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yarn Along -25 July 2012


This week's Yarn Along should be the 4 Months to Christmas version, but I have nothing new to show you for that  :)  I have a new mini obsession.  I whipped up one of these for Ella's pen pal Sophia.  
Working on a bedspread for the Caramel family's home.  Ella says this one is for Auntie's and Grandma's bed.  Of course, I 'fixed' the pattern to make it no-sew.  I hate making up and sewing together little pieces, when I can just use my double pointed needles.  This yarn isn't the best choice for this pattern, but it was Ella's choice.
I'm reading The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making again.  I really want to do some proper cooking/baking again.  I also want to give her cheese recipes a try too.  But I'm not doing any of that until this heat breaks for more than one day.

No comments: