Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Yarn Along -2 May 2012

I have an almost finished project to share this week.  I'm done knitting my shawl.  I have to finish the ends and then block the shawl.  Looks pretty good if I do say so myself  :)
I had a moment of panic yesterday afternoon.  It was time for Ella to get dressed for dance and I realized I had NO KNITTING that was suitable/ready to take with me!!!  So I decided to surf around Ravelry and find a suitable project for my mother-in-law's Christmas present.  I thought a shawlette would be nice.  I finally decided on the Tree of Life in Winter Fichu pattern.  It's pretty enough to keep me interested but not too fancy.  I'm using the Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Pearlescent that I had bought for the other shawl.  Being greyish-brown should make it go with lots of things.  Hope she likes it.
My new issue of Piecework arrived yesterday and it's on my favourite subject -lace!  I really like Piecework magazine, lots of beautiful ideas.  My only complaint is they often show a beautiful/complex item but then only gives a pattern for a ridiculously simple version.  But it's great inspiration.

No comments: