Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yarn Along -20 July 2011

Playing a bit of catch-up today.  I wasn’t home in time to post my Yarn Along yesterday so here we go:
Everyone other than COLIN can follow this link to see what I’ve been working on at the farmers’ markets.  I am very pleased with how it’s turning out.  I can’t say enough good things about Berroco Vintage yarn.


This week’s Yarn Along are the happy additions to my yarn stash.  I’m in a bit of a yarn vacuum up here (at least reasonable prices), so whenever I’m back ‘home’ I always try to stop by Tina’s yarn shop.  I was in luck and every yarn I bought was on sale.  The Snuggly and the Regia were only $3 a ball!  I splurged and got myself a new lace book.  I need to make a new summer shawl and none of the patterns I could find were tickling my fancy.    The book is Victorian Lace Today and it’s gorgeous.  I want to knit nearly every project.  I’m going to make the Alpine Knit Scarf/stole.  The yarn is an alpaca/silk blend and should be beautiful.  Tina had a shawl made up in store with this yarn and it was lovely.

No comments: