Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Yarn Along -1 June 2011 and a Recipe

Another Yarn Along this week.  Congrats to Ginny and her family for the save arrival of their little one!



I wish the colour would show up better.  When I have the sweater done, I'll have to take Ella outside and see if it photographs better.  It really is a beautiful marine blue -should be gorgeous with Ella's blue eyes.  As you can see, my big girl February Baby sweater is coming along well.  

I just finished A Knitter's Home Companion.  It was ok.  Not great, but certainly not the worst I've ever read.  I haven't decided if I'm keeping the book or whether I'll put it into the library donation box.  It does have one slipper pattern that I'm interested in trying.

And here's a recipe.  I thought I had put this online before, but now I can't find it.  This recipe also works for freezer cooking.  Just pour everything in a Ziploc baggie and toss in the freezer.  Thaw, shake and pour into your pan when you want to bake.


Crustless Quiche

4 eggs                                                1 3/4 c milk -any kind
1/2 c flour                                       pinch of salt
1/2 t bk powder                           1 1/2 c shredded cheese
filling of your choice

Mix together everything (custard) but cheese and filling.  Arrange filling and cheese in a greased 9-10 inch pie plate.  Set pie plate on oven rack and pour in custard.   Bake 350F for 50-60 minutes.  Let it stand for a couple minutes before slicing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

always such delicious recipes! Thank you for sharing.