Friday, May 27, 2011

Farmgirl -27 May 2011


The one good thing with all this rain is that my garden is growing lush and green.  My May flowers are finally flowering.  This year I'm finding all sorts of natural variation in the flowers.  Such as:


Pink Lily of the Valley!  I've wanted to buy some in pink for a while but it's very expensive.  And look what I find growing in the garden all on its own.  Needless to say, I'm very happy.

My garden is filled  (as in works as ground cover -filled) with purple violets that I got from my Grandma's yard.   The last few years I've been happy to see some white ones pop up here and there.  This year there is a nice little patch of them.  I've also got some light purple ones this year, but didn't get a picture of them.







My Forget-Me-Nots are also putting on a nice show this year.  Here and there among the beautiful blue are some delicate pink ones.  I couldn't find any this morning to take a picture of.  If they flower some more I'll add a picture later.

Wednesday we were able to meet Daddy up in one of the fields and have a picnic on the tailgate.  He was busy harrowing the field and sometimes it's easier to take him lunch than for him to come home.  Especially now that they are doing construction on the highway.  Ella decided to have a thumb war with Daddy.  It was such a beautiful day.  The breeze was a little cool, but I like it that way.

No comments: