Thursday, August 6, 2009

Busy Weekend

I'm going to be away for the weekend, starting tomorrow. I was going to leave Saturday, but decided it's easier on Ella to take an extra day. Where are we going? My father is having his annual corn roast and we have been invited down. He said I could bring Mom if Colin couldn't come -good thing, I don't like driving that far alone with Ella. It's one more set of eyes on her at the party too. The only worrisome thing is that there will be alcohol at the party. The old dad would get absolutely plastered and be so obnoxious. The new dad claims not to drink much anymore. Should be interesting to see. My friend who goes to his party every year (our dad's are Mason buddies) says it's true, he spends most of his time at the BBQ and doesn't drink. But then she's always had a bit of a blind eye when dad's concerned (comes from having a perfect family).

Like Colin says, I'm giving him a chance, but I'm not holding my breath!

Ella was 3 1/2 on Saturday, so I measured her. Unbelievably, she has grown 2 inches since her birthday!!!!! No wonder she's a bottomless pit most days :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula!
Thanks for joining my PayItForward Give-Away. I'll add you in. Send your address to the email on my blog :o)