Thursday, January 8, 2009

Running After Time

I really need to get back on schedule. I've been sleeping in and getting up when Ella does for a while now. But that leaves me chasing after time all day long and getting no where. Guess I have to go back to getting up at 5:50 with Colin. I hate feeling behind before my day even starts.

One of my favourite websites is the Amish Cook. The cookbooks The Amish Cook at Home: Simple Pleasures of Food, Family, and Faith and Amish Cookbook that Lovina and Elizabeth have written with Kevin are so enjoyable I sit and read them like a "real" book. Lovina and Elizabeth are Old Order Amish and so live a much more basic life than mine. When I start feeling like I'm drowning in work, especially laundry, I like to take a short break (regroup) and read a bit. It sure puts my work into perspective when I read about doing laundry without an electric washing machine. I don't usually use my dryer, but it sure is good to have it when I need it.


Some days Ella seems to need more parental attention than others. This is one of those days. I may just give up on all my plans for the day, except the laundry, and spend the rest of the day playing house or whatever she wants. I try not to do too much intensive work while Ella's up, she's only going to be this little for such a short while. I don't want to look back in 20 years, when she's too busy for me, and say "I wish I had spent more time with Ella, doing .... wasn't that important after all".

I wish Colin and I were able to have more children. I worry Ella will be lonely. But I'm not in the mood to follow this line of thought -maybe another day.

I can't hear the washing machine any more. Time to hang up the laundry and start another load, depending on how much line is left

No comments: