Friday, December 4, 2020

How Did December Happen??

 I could have sworn I did a post in November? If I did, I don’t know where it went. I don’t even have a good excuse for you. It seems like I spent most of November doing laundry and washing dishes. I did spend some time running lunches and people around. We’ve got all the crops combined and most of it sold. And to be honest, thousands and thousands already spent for next year’s cropping – it would be nice if the salesmen would wait until you at least had this year’s crops off before wanting your money for next year.

I stopped in at Value Village to see if any China needed rescuing. There wasn’t any plates or bowls, but I did find a cool serving bowl (and the pressed glass one in the corner). It’s called “The Hunter” by Myott. It reminds me of my Dad’s Mom’s china (I can’t find a picture). It makes me smile.

We had a good bit of snow this month, though it’s basically all gone now. I’m ready for the snow, I’m tired of mud and grey.

I finished my sweater and I LOVE it!!! It fits perfectly -a bonus from using a top down sweater pattern. Even better, it was a totally customizable pattern so I could use my measurements and the gauge that I wanted. Much nicer than trying to make my knitting fit the gauge of the pattern. If you remember the pattern that I ‘copied’, it had a hood. I decided not to bother with the hood. Not only am I 49 years old (a little old I think for a hoodie), but a hood would drive me nuts on days that I don’t have my hair up. It’s bad enough that some of my dresses demand certain hair styles (to avoid back zippers/buttons); I didn’t need a sweater doing it too. And you’ll notice, I’ve even got the buttons sewn on already -ha ha!

Hope you are all still there? And I hope you are all doing well and hanging on. Let’s see if I can find more things to post about in December.

No comments: