Monday, August 24, 2020

17 Years!

 


Yesterday was our 17th wedding anniversary!  It’s so hard to imagine it’s been that long already.  It doesn’t feel like it.  We had a bit of excitement leading up to the wedding.  On the 14th there was a blackout that took out Ontario and a large chunk of the north eastern US.  Thank goodness I only had a bit of handwork left to do on my dress.  Though we got our power back quickly, we seem to be on the same line as the Base in Petawawa.  This was great news because we had about 1000 pigs in the barns that need the hydro to keep the fans going to keep them alive!   And man, was it hot and humid leading up to the wedding.  Colin was busy combining the wheat and I was wondering how I wasn’t going to melt -ha ha!  Luckily, there was quite the thunderstorm on the Friday and swept in a glorious cold front.  I always joke and say Mom was chilly at the wedding which meant it was a lovely temperature for everyone else.  The other bit of excitement took place during the service.  Colin and I are standing to the side (must have been the lead up to Communion) and he sees this massive (probably a wolf spider) running across the floor and heading our way.  He holds my hand even tighter because he knows I’m going to freak if it gets too close and I see it.  He send death rays at the spider and the spider decides to change course and run away.  I’m so glad I didn’t see it at all.

Not much of a celebration yesterday.  We’re not comfortable eating inside restaurants yet, especially with as ‘cozy’ as our favourite place.  We had lunch at the Chip Pit like usual for a Sunday and then we headed to Beachburg so Colin could do Mom’s grass.  He took the scenic route and we stopped at the Westmeath Lookout.

This is the view looking towards Pembroke.  It’s kind of cool, they have the “directions” labelled in the gazebo so that you know if you are looking towards Beachburg or Quebec.  It was hot and muggy yesterday but for some reason the haze doesn’t really show up in the pictures.

And of course, he has his hat on…

No comments: