Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Menu Plan Monday/Yarn Along/Crafting On

Eastern Ontario continues to bake under this ridiculous heat and humidity.  It’s funny, we are crazy humid but the ‘rain’ clouds are so dry that we haven’t had one thunderstorm all month.  We had a wee bit of rain this weekend, but it didn’t even add up to an inch.  We are getting desperately dry and having flashbacks to the 2012 drought.  More worrying is the fact that all around the world farmers are crying for rain (on farmer facebook).  Food could get rather expensive this year if we don’t get good rains soon.
Auntie Belinda and Uncle Stefan were up on the weekend.  They treated us to a fabulous day at the Calypso water park.  Do you see that white slide on the left, the one that goes straight down?  My crazy fearless daughter went down that one 3 times!!  This one and this one are more my speed -guess I’m getting old.  The best part, in my opinion, is that they spoil us by renting a cabana.  That gives us our own private area out of the sun.  It comes with table and chairs and a fridge.  It even locks so you don’t have to worry about your stuff.
The view from our cabana, just steps from my favourite Jungle Run.
We don’t know where this kitty came from, but she’s been around the back door for a little while now.  She has 3 of the most adorable grey kittens.  They are all solid grey and one is extra fluffy.
With our company this weekend (and it being Uncle Stefan’s b-day) I made a beef roast in the crock pot on Saturday, so we’re eating a lot of that this week.
Tuesday:
ham sandwiches
hot beef (or a version thereof depending on how hot the house is)
Wednesday:
pizza on the BBQ
shepherd’s pie (I can cook in my toaster oven)
Thursday:
sandwiches
pork chops
Friday:
pizza
leftover shepherd’s pie
Saturday:
honey garlic chicken -from freezer maybe with sesame noodles (Pioneer Woman)
Sunday:
hamburgers
And now onto the knitting for Yarn Along and Crafting On.
Too hot for knitting, so not too much progress.  I’m done with the patterning (except for the odd row of eyelets).  Ha!  I just noticed Tim decided to get in on the picture.
I finished up Tales From Bow Street.  It was good.  It got a bit less interesting towards the end, but that’s to be expected when talking about modern crime instead of highway men!  Now I’m reading To Love, Honor, and Vacuum.  I’ve followed Sheila on her blog for a while and I found the kindle edition for free and thought I’d give it a try.  So far, I’m not so sure.
Send us some rain.

No comments: