Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Crafting On/Yarn Along -6 September 2017

A day late for Crafting On, but you’ll see why soon.
The sharp-eyed among you will see there is something different with my purse knitting too:
Do you notice anything different with my sister’s Christmas sweater?
Yep. I had to rip the whole thing out and start over.  My gauge was a bit off because I was using worsted instead of aran.  By the time I was able to get a really good, accurate gauge measurement I realized it had to come out and start over.  Move up a size and starting over.
Yep, my knee socks have become ‘regular’ socks for my Mom for Christmas.  I just wasn’t ‘digging’ the patterning of the yarn when made into knee socks.  Oh well, Mom loves knitted socks, and these are washable so she won’t shrink them like she did the part cashmere ones.
I found some fun, Little House on the Prairie type books to read.  I read a bunch of the books that tell us about the ‘Rose‘ years.  They start just after “The First Four Years”.  Last night I started the ‘Martha‘ years, it’s about Laura’s great-grandma back in Scotland.
Now, why is my post late?  Last week Mom fell (tripped over the dog because she didn’t let Ella hold the leash).  I didn’t mention it because she was OK (cracked little finger on left hand, but OK).  When she got home from taking us to Ella’s “not back to school” picnic there was a message to go to the hospital for a splint because she cracked her right thumb.   So we head to Renfrew and drop Grandma at the hospital.  Ella and I went to the library (free wifi) to kill time since waiting in the ER for a cracked thumb could take a while.
We eventually got kicked out of the library at 8 (the ladies wanted to go home).  We moved over to the Tim Horton’s/Wendy’s and used their wifi (and had a snack).
5 hours later, we swung by the hospital to pick up Grandma:
Yeah, 2 half casts!!!  Thank the good Lord that Ella is 11 and home schooled.  I left Ella at Grandma’s to take care of things for a few days until Grandma can figure out what she can and can’t do.  She has to go back next week and have everything looked at and then maybe changed.  Hopefully that means something more useful.  If her hands weren’t so messed up with arthritis/fused she would likely have been just bruised but fine.

No comments: