Monday, February 6, 2017

Menu Plan Monday -6 February 2017

MPM-Winter
I tried a new grocery store on Friday.  Eganville has a Foodland.  I’ve never been in there before.  Wow they have a beautiful fruit and vegetable section.  Lots of variety AND 3, yes 3 kinds of tomatoes that DON’T come from Mexico!!!  Guess where I’m buying our fruit and veg. from now on?  Their bakery department is amazing too.  There must have been 5 kinds of store-made bread.  Their regular store-made white bread is only $2, which I’m willing to pay on days I don’t want to bake.  They also had mini jam-filled doughnuts.  They had a few other things on sale in the flyer so I did a bit of shopping.  They had pork shoulder roasts on for $1.99/lb.  Boy they sure looked nice.  So I picked up a 4lb one and made it on Saturday.  MMMMMM, that was really yummy.  It was just as nice as Colin’s pork.  Sale is still on, so I might drop in on tonight when we’re there for skating and pick up another roast for the freezer.
Monday:
sandwiches
leftover roast pork
Tuesday:
pork sandwiches
honey mustard baked chicken -yum (I used honey mustard instead of Dijon)
Wednesday:
soup
spaghetti & meatballs
Thursday:
hot dogs
leftover chicken
Friday:
tuna
beef birds (new recipe from my Make a Mix cookbook)
Saturday:
corn chowder bisque
leftover beef birds
Sunday:
chicken enchiladas

No comments: