Monday, August 22, 2016

Menu Plan Monday -22 August 2016

greenmpm
I canned vegetable soup for the first time yesterday.  Everything was from the garden except the potatoes (too early yet).  Looks yummy.   Still have some tomatoes to do something with.  Not really enough and they are split and really ugly looking.  I want to can some stewed tomatoes but that requires nicely ripe and unsplit.  I might make sauce with these and run out to the Mennonites at Douglas and pick up a bunch for canning.
Combine season has started, so meals may not happen as planned.  I don't usually make a big supper for just Ella and I.  Colin never wants one when he's been boiling in the combine all day either.
Monday:
tomato sandwich (lunch meat for the non-tomato folks)
BBQ chicken legs
Tuesday:
sandwiches??
brown chicken fricassee
Wednesday:
chicken Caesar salad
chicken fajitas
Thursday:
sandwiches
hamburgers
Friday:
honey garlic chicken salad
bacon and eggs
Saturday:
steak
Sunday:
roast chicken
More great ideas at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

No comments: