Thursday, May 5, 2016

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real -5 May 2016

pretty-happy-funny-real

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real this week starts with some birthday fun from yesterday:


Look what I bought us for my birthday!  A proper step-through ladies' bike for me and a bigger mountain bike for Ella.  Mine was on back-order and arrived just in time for my birthday.


For some reason, when I was riding it yesterday all I could keep thinking of was the scene where the witchy neigbour is riding her bike in the tornado in Wizard of Oz??


It's a 7-speed, enough bike for me.  Too bad the cables are in the way and I can't put on a basket.

And of course, it wouldn't be a Happy birthday post without my Pretty girl:


A little bit of helmet head, but I love my girl!

We've got more Happy Fun here on the farm:


The day old chicks arrived last week.  I think the light coloured ones are the meat birds and the darker ones are the laying hens.  And yes, I know this space is a little crowded.  The barns are still rather cold and with baby chicks warmth is more important than space.


Judging by how much they have grown since this picture, the light ones are the meat birds.

I guess the Real for this week is how horribly out of shape I am.  Considering the trips Belinda and I used take 'back in the day'.  I wish we had decent side roads up here.  At home the roads are laid out in a grid.  It was very easy to go on big looping bike trips (and they were all fairly well paved).  Here roads just go anywhere and Snake River Line is so bad Colin often takes the highway with the big equipment instead.

No comments: