Saturday, December 19, 2015

Busy Week

Busy this week so I guess I'll do a Yarn Along/Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real combo post.
I whipped up some snowflakes for Ella's 2 skating coaches.  They haven't been starched in this picture yet.  I love making snowflakes.
Decided to make another Christmas present after all.  I've seen this style of sock in a lot of the old pattern books I collect.  They are usually called bed socks.  Very fast, no heels like a tube sock.  I think it's cool the way the pattern makes it look twisted.
Tuesday we gave up waiting for snow and headed out to the tree farm for our Christmas tree.  Cedar Hill is one of the few places that have their own fir trees.  Most tree places bring in firs.  It was a bit drizzly and windy.  Actually at times the wind was blowing the rain sideways and made it almost look like snow.
This is NOT what it should look like waiting for the tractor.
Got to have our annual picture.  I'm not getting taller, same can't be said for Ella!
Look who needed measured too?
Waiting for our hot dogs and chili while sipping on our hot cocoa.  
My Pretty girl -just because.
Stopped in Pakenham to check out their cool general store.  It's been in operation since the 1840's.  It's very cool inside.  Not much has changed (except the products).  Upstairs is all sorts of decorative things.
Boy cranking your machine by hand would be a hard way to work.  Especially since I like to use two hands to guide the material.
Deliberately picked a little smaller and less full tree this year.  Tim's still very much a kitten and we didn't know how he would behave.  Ella decorated the tree this year.  We kept the bottom fairly bare so we wouldn't tease Tim too much.
What does Tim think of it all?  Well most of the time he thinks it's a great place for a cat nap.  Figaro loved to sleep at the back side of the Christmas tree too.  

No comments: