Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Yarn Along -2 September 2015

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua

Can you see the progress??


I've done a bit more work on my socks, but mostly been busy canning and snuggling with Timmy.   I did get a bit of reading done -easier to read with a kitten on your lap/chest than it is to knit.  The top book The Hero and the Crown is the prequel to The Blue Sword that I posted about a couple weeks ago.  I also treated myself to a new book the other day.  I really love the 'Dear Canada' series.  They pick certain time/events in Canada's history and tell the story through diary entries of a girl who lived through it.   This one, Dear Canada: Flame and Ashes: The Great Fire Diary of Triffie Winsor, St. John's, Newfoundland, 1892 was interesting.  I love books set in Newfoundland.  I've read quite a few from this series myself and Ella and I read Dear Canada: Alone in an Untamed Land: The Filles du Roi Diary of Helene St. Onge, Montreal, New France, 1666 last year when we were learning about New France.

No comments: