Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Yarn Along -15 April 2015

yarnalong_gsheller_aqua
 
At first glance, this week's Yarn Along post will look like a rampant case of 'startitis':


These are my Bulgarian floral socks that I started a while ago.  I couldn't figure out where I was so I ripped them out and started over!


I can't remember if I posted about Ella's Phoebe's Sweater sweater?  But if I did, you will recall that the largest size didn't fit Ella even though the pattern said it should.  We found the book the other day and I was telling Ella that the doll sized sweater should fit Olivia.  Ella said again how much she liked that style and wished she could have one.  So I went on Ravelry to see what I could do and look what I found? A grown-up sized Phoebe sweater.  The yarn doesn't look the right colour in this picture.  It's Knit Picks Brava Bulky in mulberry.  It's very soft and squishy.


Not quite a new project, but I've been working on my TARDIS socks a bit too.  My new Knit Pick needles arrived (early birthday present) so it's much nicer to work on them now.
A pretty bad case of 'startitis' right?  Nope, just preparing for a trip to Scarborough!!  Ella, Grandma and I are off to see Auntie Belinda and Uncle Stefan this weekend.  Ella is also delivering all her Girl Guide cookies to everyone in Auntie B's office.  We've got a fabulous weekend planned.


Dug out another old book from the bookcase.  Grandma's car isn't that comfortable for knitting, so it's always nice to have a book along.  When I worked downtown there was a great place called the World's Biggest Bookstore.  It was walking distance from the office (though I usually took the subway back so I could stay longer) and had a great selection of history books that you didn't find any where else (pre-amazon days).  They always had such a nice selection of knitting books too. All the Journey Through is about 19th century Toronto.


Still need some buttons, but it will do for the weekend.  Ella loves her sweater.  I'm so glad she likes wearing the things I knit.  It helps that I use yarn (even acrylic) that I know she will like and be comfortable wearing.

No comments: