Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Menu Plan Monday on a Tuesday -18 November 2014

greenmpm
I forgot to set up this post for yesterday since we spent yesterday taking far too long to drive home from Scarborough.  Ontario was hit by it's first snow of the season.  It wasn't snowing hard, but it was wet and constant and almost sort of foggy.  We made a couple stops so I'm not sure of our exact time but it took 1 1/2 hours from Peterborough to Bancroft -that should take an hour AT MOST.  The drive to Denbigh was a nightmare, the road was slushy and so slippery.  I was really starting to think we should have stayed another day in Scarborough.  But considering what it's doing out there today, I'm glad we came home when we did.  It is very cold and blustery and would be an even harder drive home.

But now that the ground is white it's making everything feel more Christmas.  So what's the plan for the countdown this week?  Here's the link to the list.  Mostly it's just deep cleaning the bedroom.  The flannel sheets have been on the beds for weeks  :)  I'm a little behind in the Christmas cards but I don't have that many so it's OK.  I also need to finalize the shopping lists but I'm done (mostly) the handmade presents and I really only have stocking stuff to still purchase.  All the big stuff is accounted for so I'm not too worried.  I actually DID buy some new Christmas decorations.  We were at Michaels on the weekend and they had the beautiful glass ornaments on 50%.  I found some really nice glass 'candles' for the tree.  They clip on the branches and will look so pretty (and much safer than real candles).

Now on to the menu:
Tuesday:
pizza
Wednesday:
spaghetti
Thursday:  
pizza
Friday:  
French toast
leftover chicken Parmesan
Saturday:  
boeuf Bourguignon from Julia Child
Sunday:  Stir-Up Sunday!!
leftover boeuf

What's cooking at I'm an Organizing Junkie?

No comments: