Monday, November 3, 2014

Menu Plan Monday -3 November 2014

greenmpm
Wow, November already.  I forgot to start my annual Christmas Countdown a couple of weeks ago.  But this is the beauty of starting early, if you 'fall behind' you've got lots of time to catch up without feeling rushed.
Last week I started week one.  Mostly just planning and getting ready.  Our Christmas lights aren't up yet but they are Colin's job since I can't reach -ha ha!

Week two this week is in the kitchen.  Time to give everything a good clean before the start of all the holiday baking and cooking.  Since we are at home this year for Christmas day there will be extra baking to be done.  I'm actually ahead of the game here because I've already ordered Ella's Christmas dress from Hanna Andersson.  The twirl dresses were on for $29 the other day.  If you've got girls to buy for check out this company.  The dresses are so well made and such good quality.  Ella's old ones look just as good as the new ones we got last year.  They are a nice length too, which is hard to find at Old Navy or Gymboree.  Shipping is reasonable and they even take care of the duty.  This is great because I hate to get a surprise at the post office.  Not sure what I'm wearing and Colin usually decides the day of depending on the temperature.

My poor table linens are waiting to be washed.  Our 'wonderful' sliding glass doors in the kitchen (his parents' great idea in the 80's) is leaking so much moisture (and air) that all the floor and window behind my Great Grandma's sideboard were covered in mold.  It's made all my linens smell musty.  I had to rearrange the eating area of the kitchen.  I'm not ruining my sideboard!

Monday:
enchiladas (didn't make them yesterday)
Tuesday:
pancakes
Wednesday:
spaghetti and meatballs
Wendy's -it's grocery night for the girls
Thursday:
pork sandwiches
leftover enchiladas
Friday:
tuna sandwiches
leftover pork
Saturday:
meat pie with the leftover pork
Sunday:
leftover meat pie

More great ideas at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: