Friday, October 11, 2013

Farm Girl Friday -11 October 2013

Farm Girl Friday

Farm Girl Friday this week is from our last Farmers' Market

market (1000x750)

I love the fall Farmers' markets.  Our booth always looks great.  It amazes people when I tell them this is what pumpkins (and squash) looked like before consumers decided they wanted smooth, orange pumpkins.  It was a beautiful day.  Bright and sunny but not overly warm, though I did have to take my sweater off before the end of the day.  It was Taste of the Valley in Deep River and we had a really good turn out.  It was a very long day.  Grandma and Ella had to empty out the freezers here at home and bring it up to market.

We have really enjoyed Market.  Especially all the friends we have made that we never would have met without the Market.  But I must say I won't miss the early, cold mornings picking vegetables.  We also spend a lot of time weighing and labeling pork.  Sorting and keeping the inventory organized.  All stuff we don't have to worry about any more.  

I don't know what I'm going to do with all my free time next summer  :)

No comments: