Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Yarn Along -10 July 2013

smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
Yarn Along this week shows some 'unprogress'.  Last week you saw the knee socks I was working on.  I decided that socks wasn't the best use for that beautiful 100% merino.  So I was trolling around on Ravelry and stumbled on Sweet Dreams.  Wow, this is absolutely beautiful!  I even found suitable yarn in the 'stash'.  So now you know what I'm casting on now  (well, last night).
yarn along -10 july (1000x750)
I really want to make this one too.  I will make it this fall if Ella has Pamela for a dance teacher again.  Pamela has a new job teaching in Ottawa, so I'm worried she might find the commute to Renfrew too much to run classes as well.  We'll keep our fingers crossed.

I think we will start working through some of the workbooks we have kicking around here.  Just to keep her learning.  We'll also start on the Little Bear books leftover from the school year (Little Bears Visit).  It's amazing the things Ella can read.  Charlotte Mason was so right, children learn to read on their own, when they are ready IF you read them lots of good books.

No comments: