Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yarn Along -12 June 2013

smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
Yarn Along 12 June (1000x750)
Yarn Along this week doesn't show much progress.  I've been fighting off a headache nearly all week and so some nights I didn't knit at all.  Just working on the last few rounds of the sleeve.  Then button bands and the sweater is all done.
Yarn Along 12 June 2 (1000x750)
We went to church in Ottawa on Sunday and stopped by Yarn Forward (one of my favourite 'local' yarn shops).  I was just sort of browsing and look what I found?  I don't know if you can read it in the picture, but it says 'My First Regia'.  It's a tiny 25g ball and is so soft and adorable.  I'm not sure who would teach a child to knit with sock yarn, but it makes great Barbie clothes.
Finally got a chance to make a couple recipes out of this book The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making.  I made half a recipe of granola and that was pretty yummy.  I also made the hamburger buns.  The recipe is supposed to make 8.  Well apparently her idea of hamburgers is much larger than mine.
hamburger buns (1000x750)
These were huge!  But they did taste good and were easy to make.  Next time I think I'll make 12 buns.  That should be a better size for the quarter pound hamburgers I usually make.

No comments: