Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yarn Along -3 April 2013


smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
One last sewing project to share for Yarn Along:
hussif outside
This is a Hussif for my knitting supplies.  It's a little bigger than anticipated, I couldn't get the computer to shrink the matryoshka pattern and I didn't want to drive an hour (there and back again) to use a photocopier.
hussif inside
And here's the inside.  Everything you need for knitting, there is also a pocket (for a notepad) on the back side of the scissor flap.
Yarn along -3 April
At first glance my shawl is coming along nicely.  But if you look closely there is something very, very wrong!!  I've been decreasing along on the centre section and then last night I counted my stitches to see how many more rows.  There are more stitches on one side than the other!!!  Yikes!  I have no idea what happened.  I have a feeling I'm going to have to rip back the entire centre section (and hopefully only that far).  Not happy  :(

I'm ready to start a cool new book.  It's called Whiskey and Wickedness and it's about Renfrew County in the early days.
fingerless gloves
I got Ella's fingerless gloves finished and she loves them.  So much that they needed washed already.
If any one would like to join me, I'll be participating in the 4th annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week.  It's lots of fun and she usually comes up with some great topics.

No comments: