Saturday, April 27, 2013

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2013 -Day 6


emoticons

Today's topic is 'tools to covet'.  I knew right away which tool to tell you about.

Compact Portable Solid Black Walnut Yarn Swift

This is a yarn swift.  I think it is a must have tool for anyone who loves to knit with the really nice yarn that always seems to come in skeins.  It doesn't complain about holding your yarn -like husbands and children.  And it sure beats trying to hold the skein on your feet and wind it yourself.  This is just like the one my sister got me for Christmas a couple years ago.  I wouldn't want to be without my swift.

Another great tool I want to share is blocking wires.  I had never heard of them until a couple years ago.  If you knit lace I can't recommend these strongly enough.  They are so helpful for keeping sides straight and I find I use a lot less pins.  

yarn along 16 april

Here are the wires in action.  And of course, these floor mat square thingies are really helpful too.

No comments: