Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yarn Along -13 March 2013


smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
Wow, I can’t believe it’s Wednesday and Yarn Along already!  This week is flying by.
I’m a little bored with Belinda’s sweater so I’ve been working on a few other things.  The one project I don’t want to share until they are done, so I will show you something else.
yarn along -13 march
In my kitchen clean up I found this book on Smocks that I have had for a few years.  I found it at Value Village (the one time I was there).  It has great pictures of real old smocks.  It also has diagrams for making really cool smocks.  I foresee a bunch of new projects  :)
I have a smocked piece nearly finished.  I’m doing the back smocking before making the bullion roses.  I hate making those but love them when they are done.  It’s for a project for me, but I’ll show you that later when I have it finished.
We’re reading Little Bear for school.  Ella’s reading is coming along so fast.  Charlotte Mason was right, if you read to children you really don’t need to actually teach them to read.  They start reading when they are ready.  Which is great because a couple of years ago I tried to teach Ella sight words and what a stressful time that was!  I gave up and decided to trust Charlotte.  I’m so glad I did, neither of us needed the stress.

No comments: