Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Yarn Along -28 February 2013


smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
For Yarn Along I've been working on a sweater for Auntie Belinda for a while.  I didn't like the lace patterns I had chosen so I had to rip it out and start over.  Now I have enough progress to show you:
yarn along 28 feb
It's a pattern class from Craftsy (it was on sale).  It teaches you how to make any size raglan sweater.  The lace for the top part makes heart shapes.  I've just taken off the stitches for the sleeves and am starting the body.  The body of the sweater will be feather and fan lace.  My sister really likes the sweater so far.
I picked up Ella a couple new books.  The first is Noodle's Knitting a cute little story about a mouse and her ball of yarn.  Ella really liked the book, the yarn in all t he pictures is actually fuzzy.  I liked that the book was much cheaper at No Frills than this Amazon example.  The next book is The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart.  Ella really likes these Very Fairy books.  We got the Christmas one first and she wants all the other ones put on her 'wish list'.

I have some really bad, evil great friends that send me links to really cool knitting patterns.  I've been thinking about making a knitted nativity.  I had only seen the pattern for this one, but then Karen's friend Linda introduced me to this designer and I found this pattern.  I like this one better.  It uses DK instead of fingering and I think they are a little nicer looking.  So since we were in Toronto for the weekend I stopped by my favourite yarn shop.  It is impossible to find DK sized yarn up here (unless you want baby colours).  But Tina has a beautiful selection.  Here's what I picked up (some was even on sale).    Most of the yarns have some wool content.  I've ordered a couple other balls from Knit Picks for the sheep and the donkey -I just couldn't find the right kind of yarn for them.  

No comments: