Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yarn Along -2 January 2013


smalthings-yarnalong-lilac
First Yarn Along of the new year.   How many of you had to type the date twice?  It always takes me a while because I only write the date here on the blog.
Lots of things to share this week:
Yarn Along -2 Jan
We'll start with the cable scarf, it's about to be frogged.  It's not the pattern's fault, it's beautiful and easily to memorize.  The wool just isn't right, I'm afraid it will be too stiff.  Not sure what wool to use next time.  The wool is now going to become a February Lady Sweater for me.  It will be so cozy.

The black is the start of a Palatine Scarf, it's a style of Orenburg lace shawl but it's a long rectangle instead of square.  I'm using some gorgeous wool/cashmere that I've had for years just waiting for the right project.

The Kroy sock at the bottom of the picture will become a pair of fingerless gloves for my friend.  It's the same pattern that I used for Ella's dance teacher, so it'll be a quick knit.

As for reading material, it's seed catalogues these days.  We need to get our order in soon so we get the sweet corn varieties we want.

No comments: