Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Yarn Along -21 November 2012


Home from Toronto so I have lots of knitting and yarn to share for Yarn Along this week.  I really need to find time for reading, but Ella's so chatty all the time, it's hard.
First stop of course is Tina's shop in Bowmanville.  Soper Creek Yarn is my favourite yarn shop.  Tina carries a large selection of beautiful yarns but at reasonable prices.  And she always seems to have sale baskets.  In fact the Regia was on sale.  I'm going to use it for these socks.  I can't wait to use the Katia.  But I don't know what pattern to make.  I've never used the Berroco Comfort DK before, but if it knits up as nicely as it feels, this may become my new favourite DK.  It is so soft.  
So here's my knitting for the weekend.  I finally finished the socks for my BIL for Christmas.  The other 2 socks are for me!  The blue ones are the Vintage from Tina's  and the grey ones are Vintage leftovers.  Momma's going to have warm toes this winter  :)  On Saturday Belinda and Stefan took me out shopping and we found a yarn shop just around the corner from their house.  I picked up another ball of Vintage.  I've never seen Vintage in variegated before.  These will be another pair of socks for me.

No comments: