Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yarn Along -11 July 2012


Sorry Jacinda, not too much sweater progress for this week's Yarn Along.  Not too much knitting at all.  I had a bit of birthday money kicking around, so I splurged and got myself a couple new books.  The first is The Homemade Pantry, it has lots of yummy sounding recipes and fun stories.  The other is Stashbuster Knits.  It has some great looking patterns.  I love the fair isle/cable sweater on the cover.  There are a number of other nice looking patterns too.  I like the chart that gives you yarn equivalents, eg., 2 strands of fine yarn makes medium.
I do have some finished projects to share.  I designed and knit a hat for Uncle Stefan for Christmas.  It is the 'Jayne' hat from Firefly.
And since that hat was so plain and simple, I just had to design another more interesting hat for Uncle Stefan.  A Tardis Hat!
I will have the patterns up soon.

No comments: