Friday, July 6, 2012

Farm Girl Friday -5 July 2012


You may have noticed that the blog got a little quiet at the end of last week/beginning of this week?  Well we escaped away to a cottage for a little vacation.  Oh, it's such a nice place.  It's actually twice the size of our house, which is nice too.  It feels remote, but is really only about 40 minutes from home.  This is handy just in case Colin needs to run home for any reasons.
The best thing about this cottage is the private lake!  It's wonderful and shallow at the edge, perfect for Ella.  It also has a nice selection of fish.
Ella caught her very first fish, a nice bass.  She was so proud of herself.  My Grandpa would have been so pleased, he was quite the fisherman.   It was also her first fish of the weekend.  Ella ended up catching 3 nice bass plus a few that took the hook but got away.
Daddy caught 6 nice bass too, plus a few that got away.  He also thinks he had pike on the line.  I caught a small bass too, but Ella was 'done' in the boat and wanted out, so Colin just got the fish off my line and we didn't get a picture.
Ella was so brave in the lake this year.  Her life jacket was must for any time she wasn't on the beach.
Ella and Daddy had so much fun building the 'world's biggest' sand castle.  It was so nice to see them hanging out together.  She seems to drive him crazy so often, I'm happy to see them getting along.  I never had a relationship like that with my Dad (had to get that from Grandpa) so I can't explain how it makes my heart sing to see now.

No comments: