Friday, May 4, 2012

Farm Girl Friday -4 May 2012

Ten years ago this Farm Girl worked in the back office/junior compliance of a medium sized stock brokerage in downtown Toronto.  I figured I'd find me an investment banker or something.  If you had told me then that I'd be spending a Saturday evening in a storage shed at the local feed mill -I would have told you you were crazy.

Fast forward to last weekend and that's what I was doing.  Colin and I were at the local feed mill to celebrate their 30th anniversary in this location.
Colin worked here when he finished college.  And of course they supply some of our feed needs.  The cake was brought into the shed with an old fire truck -quite the entrance.
There was a barbeque and a couple live bands.  Later in the evening they had an auction (but we went home before that).  It was a bright and sunny day, but rather chilly.
There was even a petting zoo.  This little fellow was a surprise.
All in all, I am so much happier than that lonely girl on the GO Train.  I wouldn't trade my life now for all the cottages in Muskoka  :)

No comments: