Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yarn Along -25 April 2012

Only eight months until Christmas!  I started the February Lady Sweater last knit night.  It's for Grandma for Christmas.  I'm at a loss as to what to make the guys in my life.  I don't even have any Colin ideas this year.
Yarn Along this week sees some progress on my Icelandic Shawl.  It's looking much nice this time around with the natural coloured wool.
I think I should try taking a picture of this shawl outside next time (if we ever get some sunshine again).  I can't believe how black the beautiful dark purple looks.  I haven't been working on this much, it's more my car/waiting room type project and I haven't been doing much of that.  Also, I'm on the trinity stitch section and I always find that slow and tedious.
After reading Debbie's post about nature journaling, I ordered Keeping a Nature Journal.  Wow, that book is almost overwhelming.  Especially when you have no drawing talent.  I'll have to read it in little bits  :)  It's also inspirational.  I have a question though.  Do I keep a journal along side Ella?  Or will that make her feel bad because her pictures aren't like mine?  She likes to be perfect and gets very frustrated with her six year old self.
I've also started a new project but don't have any pictures yet.  I'm making myself a new pair of knee socks.  I've done this pattern a number of times and love them.  I have the cuffs done already and am starting the calves.  I will be changing up the pattern by adding roses at the ankles.  Yes, I know it looks like intarsia, but the Bulgarian way the book describes sounds more like fair isle so I want to give it a try.

No comments: