Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Handmade Holiday -20 December 2011


Our last week for sharing our Handmade Holiday items.  I'm not quite done, but Grandma doesn't mind nearly finished presents.  I thought I was finished Grandma's blanket but then I found 3 more balls.  Even with knit night on Friday, I don't think I'm getting it done in time.  I've also got 2 embroidered tea towels to finish for Ella, those will be done in time.


I finally got the mittens felted for Gregory.   The Ice Harbor Compass mittens are a great pattern.  They knit up quickly and I think would be a good first project for someone wanted to attempt fair isle.

With leftovers from the mittens I made 2 felted mice.  One is for my sister's cat Millie, the other (the one that looks like a Belted Galloway) is for Ella.  They are felted but still need to be stuffed.  I didn't know how expensive catnip was!

At the back are the peg people I made for Ella's knitted fairy house.  I got the pattern here.  They are finished according to the pattern and in the Waldorf tradition, but Ella's going to want faces.  She doesn't like toys and things without faces.  I'll let her help me pick colours after Christmas.

No comments: