Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yarn Along -16 November 2011

Wow, I can't believe there are already 58 Yarn Along posts and it's only 8:11 am (in Ontario when I started this post)!


I'm working on another Christmas present this week.  It's a man's toque with cables on the turned up 'brim'.  I've made this pattern a couple of times.  It knits up quickly and looks good.  I'm using Red Heart soft touch.  It's a really nice yarn for an acrylic.


This week's reading is Momma reading  :)  My new Martha Stewart came in, though I'm often disappointed with them these days.  I don't like the format change in the magazine or her show since her 'unfortunate incarceration'.  The new Mary Maxim catalogue also came in yesterday.  Lots of lovely things in there.  I wish they would sell just the patterns and not mostly 'kits'.  I may order a few things for Christmas.

And finally, my Jane Austin Knits finally arrived.  I was beginning to wonder.  It's full of lovely things to knit.  Including a number of little cardigans that would look great with empire waist dresses.  Lots of things I want to make!

2 comments:

Diann said...

The first time my son-in-law spoke about a toque, I had to ask him what the heck he was talking about! So when you mentioned it, I knew exactly what you were talking about! ;D I am getting wise to the Canadian-speak!

Paula said...

I wondered about that! On Ravelry they are usually just called hats :) To us a hat is more likely one of Colin's ball cap style hats, whereas a toque is a knitted hat. One is definitely warmer than the other. Considering I saw snowflakes today, toques it is!