Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yarn Along -5 October 2011

Boy, working has certainly made September fly by.  Lets hope October slows down.  I’ll have to make more effort to make the time to enjoy.  I have a list of things to do before winter, but having fun has to move further up the list.

Joining Ginny this week for Yarn Along, I have some shawl progress to share.


I’m on the final third of my shawl, starting the lace pattern.  I’ll have to change the name of this shawl when I do the pattern.  It’s going to be Danish in shape but with a traditional Shetland lace border.  I love the soft scallop of the old shale pattern (a good example is here) I think I’m going to have to take it outside to get a good picture, we just don’t have enough light.

After the election, I’m going to start to read (and review) The Hour That Matters Most.  It’s about the importance of having supper with the family.  Should be a good read.

No comments: